Friday, July 18, 2008

future cars

If you haven't figured it out yet by reading my other posts, I do not prefer your typical Chevy, Ford, or Mopar. I grew up on AMC or American Motors Corporation and so I prefer AMC and its predecessors, namely Nash and Hudson. I currently drive Ford and have also owned GM, but when it comes to old cars, everybody has one.

I think one of the big reasons I prefer AMC is because not everybody has one. It is harder to find parts and can even be a little more costly, but they can also make nice rides. I currently have two projects, a 1940 Nash and a 1980 AMC Spirit. But I would also like to build another car and have some ideas for my final project.

The first idea is an old vintage stock car that is built for the street. The body would have to be a 2 door Hudson or Nash from the late '30s or older. If the car is from the late '30s, I would prefer a coupe, but am open to a sedan as well.

My other idea is a rat rod. This vehicle could be a pickup cab or car body from the 30's or older. I figure it doesn't matter much right now because I want to be open to whatever my cross my path.

I have a 401 that will go into whatever car I build which should give it plenty of speed as well as fun for me. If anyone knows of any of these vehicles, please let me know.

No comments: